Based in Haarlem, The Netherlands
18 June 2015
Lines is an abstract ‘zen’ game puzzle experience where form is just as important as function. Place or remove dots to initiate a colourful race that fills a drawing. The colour that dominates the race wins. For the PC edition, we have increased the difficulty, added an extra game mode and created a level editor integrated with the Steam Workshop. Influencers on Twitch will be able to play the game together with their viewers, because of the full Twitch integration.
Lines originated from the brains of a mathematician and game designer. The level called ‘Original’ was the first prototype of a simple idea and that level still exists in the game today. Since then, the game was released successfully and two other mathematicians have even researched the game and written a master thesis link:https://tomrijnbeek.nl/thesis/downloads/final-v2.pdf on graph theory and Voronoi diagrams. - Lines was first released in June 2015 as a mobile and tablet game on iOS where it was met with very positive reviews both from players and critics. Lines went on to win the Best Casual Entertainment Game at the Dutch Game Awards 2015 and was nominated for Best Quick Play Game at the 12th IMGA of 2016 at GDC. Line has also been featured in Apple’s Gorgeous Games bundle and Starbucks’ App of the week. Over a million players have enjoyed Lines unique gameplay. - In 2016 the game was prepared for a PC release. We added a new game mode: Infinite and we built a level editor which was integrated with Steam Workshop. Allowing players to create and share their own levels. This will hopefully add an infinite amount of new levels and creativity from the community.
- 250 levels in the core game. Endless more in the Steam Workshop.
- 6 game modes: Point, Eraser, Rope, Knife, Mixed and Infinite.
- A Level Editor with Steam Workshop integration.
- Set a winning streak. Earn trophies and achievements.
- Play under pressure in the Daily Challenge, in which you only get one chance!
- Full Twitch integration.
- Fully localized in English, German, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, French and Dutch.
Trailer Lines YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "**WINNER** Dutch Game Awards 2015, Best Casual Entertainment Game" Utrecht, the Netherlands
- "NOMINEE 12th International Mobile Game Awards 2016, Best Quick Play Game" GDC, San Fransisco
- "If you’re at all into puzzle games that are more interested in soothing you than hurting your brain, I think you’ve found your new addiction."
- Nathan Reinauer, TouchArcade
- "Lines the Game is an engaging puzzle experience that is well worth picking up"
- Trevor Sheridan, Apple n Apps
- "Lines the Game is a Sunday afternoon game. Something to play sprawled out on your sofa when you want the world to be quiet for a while."
- Harry Slater, PocketGamer
We are Gamious, a game developer based in Haarlem, The Netherlands. We create original and accessible games with pure gameplay – games we love to play ourselves. We either self-publish, work with publishers, or a mix between these two, to get the games to the right platforms.
More information on Gamious, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Erik Leppen, FLorian van Strien
Jos Bouman, Leon Klein Breteler, Erik Leppen
Daphne Fontijn, Dick Grinwis, Thomas Groot Zwaaftink, Erik Leppen
Music and Sound Effects
Roy van Bijsterveldt, Jos Bouman, Pim Bouman, Deloryan Hommers, Leon Klein Breteler, Erik Leppen, Aryeh Loeb, Joel Sjouke, Coen van Tilburg, Glenn Verheij
Matti Groot, Tim Haerkens, Guido Oostermeijer, Simon Ovadia, Luc Schols