Based in Haarlem, The Netherlands
June 2nd 2016
Turmoil offers players a visually charming, tongue-in-cheek take on the simulation genre inspired by the 19th century oil rush in North America. Get a taste of the rush and rivalry of the time as you earn your way to become a successful oil entrepreneur. As you make money digging up and selling oil, the town will grow along with you.
Turmoil was in a prototype phase for a year before it entered Steam Early Access in June 2015. After spending exactly one year there, Turmoil was released succesfully for PC's in June 2016. In February 2017 Turmoil was also released on iOS, exclusively for iPad.
- A campaign where you build your rags-to-riches oil baron career and beat your rivals.
- Dozens of upgrades and new tools to improve your oil mining operations.
- Meet the town’s characters in the saloon and make shady business deals.
- Play single game mode to get one of literally millions of procedurally generated levels and earn as much as you can in one year.
- Lease land at the town auction and search for oil using a dowser, mole or scanner.
- Maximize your profits by using natural gas to boost the oil price.
- Steam: Achievements, Badges, Trading Cards and Cloud Saving.
Turmoil Launch Trailer YouTube
Turmoil Release Trailer YouTube
Turmoil iPad Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Dutch Game Awards 'Best Entertainment Game Design' Nominee." Turmoil, 2016
We are Gamious, a game developer based in Haarlem, The Netherlands. We create original and accessible games with pure gameplay – games we love to play ourselves. We either self-publish, work with publishers, or a mix between these two, to get the games to the right platforms.
More information on Gamious, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Erik Leppen, Florian van Strien, Herman Groenenboom
Jos Bouman, Erik Leppen
Jan Jaap Doeven
Leonie Manshanden, Gerthein Boersma
Michael Clare, Daphne Fontijn, Thomas Groot Zwaaftink, Tim Haerkens, Deloryan Hommers, Jonathan van Immerzeel, Leon Klein Breteler, Lisa Mantel, Luc Schols, Joel Sjouke, Coen van Tilburg, Celine Veltman, Glenn Verheij