Based in Haarlem, The Netherlands
14 February 2017
iO is an abstract physics platformer. As a player you control a ball in several puzzling settings where physics will bring you to your goal; reach the exit points as quick as possible and win yourself a golden medal. You can influence speed by growing or shrinking the ball. Use these mechanics to gain momentum and make your way through the levels.
At the Global Game Jam 2012, four programmers who never met before formed Team Extra. The team built a prototype with 5 playable levels which they named 'Size Matters'. Gamious’ Founder Pim was one of the judges who saw the game become location winner. After the GGJ, Gamious contacted the team. Together they turned the prototype into a fully polished version with the first 150 levels. The game was released on OUYA in April 2014, hit Steam December 2014. After Steam the game was visually enhanced: new graphics, new VFX and 75 new levels all brought as a free update. Since then iO has been released on the App Store and Google Play. And now also PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita, Windows Store and Windows Phone.
- Roll your way out; use your speed and skills to overcome more than 225 puzzling challenges on your way to the exit point.
- Crafty mechanics; navigate through a universe with elements like physics based objects, portals, contraptions and inverses gravity. Try to master them all.
- Pure gameplay; strip away distraction and get back to the essence of logical thinking.
- Earn a Gold Medal for every level.
- Dual Stick controller support.
iO - Gameplay Trailer YouTube
iO - The Irrisistiball Version YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "GDC 2015 Honorable Mention 'Best in Play' category" San Francisco, United States
- "IndieCade 2014 Finalist" Los Angeles, United States
- "Dutch Game Awards 2014 Honorable Mention" Amsterdam, Netherlands
- "European Innovative Games Award 2014 shortlist" Frankfurt, Germany
- "Global Game Jam 2012 winner" Hilversum, Netherlands
- "After playing iO for about an hour we came to a conclusion that if the video games Tron and Super Monkey Ball made sweet, sweet love then iO would be the result."
- Steve, OUYABREW
- "iO provides an entertaining romp that’s sure to test both your reflexes and brain power."
- Jarrett Riddle, True PC Gaming
- "One of the most inventive brain puzzlers I have played for quite a while, all the laws of physics are here, and so will I be - for quite a while."
- Dan Lee, I Have A Gadget
- "iO is a smart physics puzzler that requires brainpower and a lot of trial and error."
- Sander Noordijk, IGN Benelux
iO game page
For more info visit gamious.com.
We are Gamious, a game developer based in Haarlem, The Netherlands. We create original and accessible games with pure gameplay – games we love to play ourselves. We either self-publish, work with publishers, or a mix between these two, to get the games to the right platforms.
More information on Gamious, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Original Concept and Game Design
Roel van Heeswijk, Jeroen Matser, Pim Rutten, Sander Verbeek
Matti Groot, Tim Haerkens, Nick Kortleve, Jeroen Matser, Guido Oostermeijer, Pim Rutten, Luc Schols, Sander Verbeek
Roy van Bijsterveldt
Music and Sound Effects
Ronald van Wonderen
Roy van Bijsterveldt, Jos Bouman, Pim Bouman, Achraf Cherabi, Koen Deetman, Roel van Heeswijk, Deloryan Hommers, Leon Klein Breteler, Aryeh Loeb, Jaap Prins, Coen van Tilburg, Glenn Verheij