You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your privacy or data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal data.
Data collected – data that Gamious collects
1. When you play Turmoil we receive from Apple your Game Center display name, which is used to identify you towards other Apple Arcade subscribers. We always use a unique, auto-generated name to identify Apple Arcade subscribers to players on other platforms (in this case non-Arcade subscribers), and vice versa. We display the name in all game contexts, including leaderboards. The name stays the same across sessions. This unique name is auto-generated and different from your Apple Game Center display name.
2. When you participate in a daily challenge, we store your score, and a full replay of the level/actions you took during that level, this so that other players can click on your score in the high score and see how you played your level.
3. Information relating to the game is stored locally on the player’s device. This data includes information about a player’s progress through the game (including unlocked upgrades) and is necessary for players to be able to continue their game where they last stopped playing.
4. Information relating to the game is stored on our servers when you consent to this, to allow you to play campaigns, play cross-device, participate in daily challenges, and to appear in the leaderboard.
When you play Turmoil no other data is processed.
Who is affected
Turmoil data relates only to players of the Turmoil game.
The data is used to support the internal operations of the game, and a legitimate interest of Apple and Gamious to offer you all the functionality of the Turmoil game.
For data used for the Daily Challenge and the leaderboards, we base it on your consent.
For data used to save where you are in a campaign or to enable you to play cross-device within Apple Arcade, we base it on your consent.
Disclosures to third parties
Gamious does not disclose to third parties any data relating to the game.
As long as a player has an active game account, their data is stored. This stored data ensures that players can continue playing the game where they most recently stopped playing and is used for no other purpose than to ensure the functioning of the game.
Gamious removes personal data it stores after 2 years of inactivity.
Gamious does not retain or store any other player data.
Players may decline to send data to Gamious’ servers.
To not send data to our servers you must decline to share your data when we ask you in a pop-up You can also revoke your consent later, for any data stored going forward. You can do this separately for the Daily Challenge and leaderboards, and separately for the campaign mode and cross-device play for Apple Arcade.
As a result you will not be able to participate in the Daily Challenge, appear on leaderboards or be able to make use of cloud saving functionality for campaigns.
Protecting the privacy of children is of the utmost important to us and we do our best to meet both EU and U.S. standards. The game has been designed to be family friendly and to be suitable for use by children.
When you play Turmoil we receive from Apple your Game Center display name, which is used to identify you towards other Apple Arcade subscribers. We always use a unique, auto-generated name to identify Apple Arcade subscribers to players on other platforms (in this case non-Arcade subscribers), and vice versa. We display the name in all game contexts, including leaderboards.
The name stays the same across sessions. This unique name is auto-generated and different from your Apple Game Center display name.
If you or your parent or guard do not wish that your nickname is shared on the Turmoil leaderboards for other Apple Arcade players, you can sign out of Game Center in Apple Settings to avoid sharing with other Apple Arcade users. Your Game Center nickname will never be shared with players outside of the Apple Arcade environment.
If you or your parent or guard wish to avoid sharing any auto-generated name with non-Apple Arcade subscribers, or do not wish to share any data at all, you can decline consent when we ask for it, or a later point revoke your consent in the game’s settings. This means you can no longer participate in the Daily Challenge, appear on leaderboards or be able to make use of cloud saving functionality for campaigns.
Do Not Track
For our website, we do not track players over time or across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Protection of stored data
Taking into account the nature, scope, context and purpose of the processing, we have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect such data.
If you are in the European Economic Area, we may transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area. For countries that do not provide adequate protection for your data according to the European Commission, we have implemented measures to safeguard your data, including organizational and legal measures such as using approved European Commission standard contractual clauses. Contact us at email@example.com for a copy of these.
- Rectify incorrect personal data or erase it in certain circumstances.
- Restrict or object to the processing of your personal data.
- Receive your data so that you can use it elsewhere (data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe, but at least within 4 weeks. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local EU data protection authority for unresolved complaints.
This notice was last updated on 31 October 2023. When we change our data protection practices, we will update this notice. It can be viewed on : https://gamious.com/turmoil-arcade-privacynotice.